Wednesday, March 6, 2019

The Supreme Court Lesson in Class

On Thursday in Media Law and Literacy class we discussed the Supreme Court. We talked about all the levels of the court system as well: District Court as the first level, Appellate Court, and Supreme Court at the top. I think that the appearance of the Supreme Court building is really cool. In class we pointed out the fact that it is made of lots of marble as shown below. I remember visiting here back in 2009 with the Girl Scouts.I don’t think that we went inside the Supreme Court, but I do remember going inside the Library of Congress. 

The Supreme Court. Digital Image. ThoughtColink
Then in class that day we watched a video about the Supreme Court. In this video were people who worked as attorneys who gave their views on the Supreme Court in general. They discussed the process of the various cases. One thing that stood out to me was the fact that out of like a thousand appeals only a small fraction of them will get a trail in the Supreme Court. Many cases our of course rejected. I found the video to be a very informative and an interesting inside look at the Supreme Court. 




No comments:

Post a Comment